The AM28 and AM54 are self-contained emergency ballasts designed for use
with most T5 or T8 fluorescent lamps.
They are ideal for use in linear lighting
fixtures where ballast space is limited.
Sectors of Use:
- The housing of the AM28 & AM54 consists of a single, sealed housing
compartment containing the battery, battery charger, transfer circuit and high
- A pilot light and test switch shall be provided
The AM28 can cold start and operate most 2”-4”, 28-watt T5 and T8 fluorescent
- The AM54 can cold start and operate most 2”-4”, 54-watt T5 and T8 fluorescent
lamps, including HO and 40-55-watt 4-pin, long compact fluorescent lamps
Emergency operation for a minimum of 90 minutes
- Fully automatic solid state charger
- Automatic transfer relay energizes lamp instantaneously upon failure of normal AC supply
- Low voltage disconnect prevents overdischarge of battery